If you are looking for some fun yet thrifty Valentines Day ideas - you came to the right place.
Afterall why does Valentines Day have to cost so much?
Isn't it supposed to be about two people enjoying each others company and telling each other how much they love and appreciate each other? That should not have to cost a fortune.
The following list will give you several very inexpensive, unique and fun ideas for your Valentines Day celebrations.
- 1. Pretend you've never met, then loudly try out lame pickup lines in a upscale cafe. Act like they worked.
- 2. Go on a walking journey and every fifteen feet draw a chalk arrow in the direction you're going. At the end of the trip, leave a big pile of chalk.
- 3. Create photo evidence suggesting that you went on an adventure that didn't really happen.
- 4. Go for a drive. You can only make right-hand turns. When you finally get stuck, turn around and then you can only make left-hand turns. Repeat until you find something interesting. Take pictures along the way!
- 5. Build forts out of furniture and blankets, and wage war with paper airplanes.
- 6. Go to a major chain bookstore, and leave notes to future readers in copies of your favorite books.
- 7. Write a piece of fiction together. Outside at a cafe. Ask strangers when you get stuck.
- 8. Try and visit as many people as you can in one night, and turn as many things inside their apartment upside down as you can, without them noticing.
- 9. Do the lamest tourist thing in your area that you have both secretly wanted to do forever. Have an unabashed good time!
- 10. Hide and seek in the park.
- 11. Go around the city with sidewalk chalk and draw hearts with equations inside on random things.
- 12. Drive somewhere unknown and have dinner in a city you've never been to. With fake names.
- 13. Go for a drive with the passenger blindfolded, choosing directions at random. see where you end up.
- 14. Dress up as pirates, commandeer shopping carts, and have a war upon the high seas.. er, parking lot.
- 15. Go on a search for as many good climbing trees as possible, climb as high as you both can in all of them, compile photo evidence.
- 16. Rent a movie you've never seen before. Set on mute and improvise dialogue.
- 17. Dress up as pirates and go parrot shopping at local pet stores.
- 18. Go to the airport, get the cheapest, soonest departing flight to anywhere when you show up, and stay there for a weekend.
- 19. Walk around a city and perform short silent plays in front of security cameras.
- 20. In the middle of the night, drive to the beach, so you arrive just as the sun is rising. Have a breakfast picnic, then fall asleep together. Bring a sun umbrella.
(Obviously do not attempt any activity that you find beyond your abilities, dangerous or unlawful.)
A beautiful table setting and home cooked meal are a romantic combination.
For the most reasonable roses we have been able to find on the internet go to the Thrifty Gift Page and scroll down to "flowers".
Return from Thrifty Valentines Day to Thrifty Holidays
Return from Thrifty Valentines Day to Thrifty Living Tips